Tohatsu 40HP EFI Fourstroke Outboard
The popular lightweight fuel injected 40HP Tohatsu outboard is exceptionally light when compared to its rivals. Available as a long shaft engine this is a tried and tested engine of Japanese manufacture.
A multi-function tiller arm can be fitted to this engine if required.
This engine comes with a 7 year warranty.
- Sleek design
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Lightest weight in its class, starting at 95KG.
- Available in long (20") shaft length
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
Performance and Operation
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- High output 21 amp alternator
- New and improved gear case with lower gear ratio for increased low end torque
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Power trim & tilt
Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 950 rpm’s
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter